Message from Lynn
Message from Lynn
Take my six-month challenge
Clean the clutter emotionally, physically, and in my environment. Month number 2
The assignment last month was to come up with solutions to procrastination. When we procrastinate, we know what we need to do, but we don’t do it, or we wait until the last minute. It’s not because we are lazy, disorganized, or we do not care. It’s because we hold some kind of fear in our subconscious. I know I am always late with my newsletter because I want it to be unique and perfect. I realize that I worry about what people will think of it, and that’s why I am always late. I have most recently learned to delegate the work so I can finish it. Even then, I am going over their work.
Last week we made a list of clutter we want to clean out. Before you start, take your list and write how long each task on your list will take. For instance, one of my goals is to clean out the books in my home library. I figure that will take me 20 minutes at the most.
How to start your task:
Start with the shortest first. Do one task at a time and check them off as you finish. Make sure you are reasonable with how much you get done in a day. If the tasks are big, try one task in two days. Schedule the hours on your calendar to dedicate your energy to the task.
I always get two boxes and one trash bag. One box is for what I am keeping, the other box is for goodwill, or any other donation. I use a trash bag for what I am throwing away. I found that when I used a box, later I would take stuff out of the box and not throw it away. This method works even if I am just re-decorating or cleaning a corner.
The healthy foods I chose were apples and broccoli. Apples to me are not that bad but broccoli I could do without. I choose to take the apple and broccoli and make a morning smoothie.
If you were not able to find five motivation affirmations you can share mine. I would take the affirmations below and cut them out to hang in your bathroom mirror. This way, you say them every morning.
- I am full of energy and live my life to the fullest.
- Motivation comes to me easily and also successfully.
- I believe in myself and ability to do anything that I choose to do!
- I wake up with a peaceful mind and a grateful heart.
- Today will be what it is. I will be who I am. And there will be beauty in both.
Next month we will focus on unhealthy relationships and organization.
- Write down at least three unhealthy relationships you may have. It may not be that bad but just needs to be sorted out. If someone is making your feel drained or unhappy, you need to know how to make it healthy or let go.
- What would you like to organize in your home? Make a list. Next month I will show you organizing tips that I have used for years to run my family household and business.
For any questions, please go to my website and email me. I will gladly help with any questions relating to the six month challenge. Love you all.