Message From Lynn
Message from Lynn
January 1, 2021
As we start this new year I realized, if anything, 2020
taught us that health is more important than anything we could have ever wanted. Everyone wants love, money, and more love and money. Most people don’t realize that good health is essential until they experience a life-altering health condition. Last year taught us that wellness should not be taken for granted.
When we are healthier we feel better, and everything in life flows from it. When I was younger, I would exercise every day and avoid eating junk food or any carbs. Even though I focused more on looking good instead of good health, I still felt good and had more energy. That’s because exercising increases our endorphins that act as a natural sedative to our brain, reducing pain and uplifting our mood. Although I ate healthy to manage my weight, it can also help you maintain a healthier heart, healthy bones and teeth,
while preventing diabetes type 2.
Most recently, I started cutting meat out of my life. I eat vegetables and fruit. It was a lot easier for me than I thought. I realize I never like the taste of meat. I was always trying to put spices on the meat to make it taste better. However, this may not be the best diet for everyone. I consulted my doctor to make sure this diet was right for me. She told me what vitamins to take and what I can eat to substitute for protein.
Last year was a wake up call for all of us. The universe wants everyone to get healthy and appreciate life. We are the only ones who can create our destiny. As children, we were taught to work for everything we have; nothing is just given to you. Use this same philosophy to stay healthy. Below are seven health tips you can try. If you have any underlying conditions, always check with your doctor to make sure these are the right health routines for you.
1. Meditate for 10 to 20 minutes per day.
2. Get 7 hours of sleep every night.
3. Exercise 30 minutes to 1 hour a day. (I started walking an hour a day.)
4. Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables a day.
5. BMI should range from 18 to 25.
6. Create five positive, healthy affirmations that you hang on your bathroom mirror to say every morning.
7. Drink water. 2.7 liters (11.5 cups) for women and 3.7 liters (15.5 cups) for men 2021 is the year to make good choices. Make sure you do your new year ritual to get rid of all the negative from last year.
Love you all, Lynn.