Hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend and got through the storm okay. The store bypassed Jacksonville and Orange Park. If you overspent on groceries or water, it looks like the salvation army and the red cross are taking donations. Returning them to the store for a refund will be a waste since the store will throw them away.
This week at Spiritual Uplifts.
On Saturday at 2 p.m., we will have our wand-making class. Sunday morning class will be from 10:30 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Our goal is to provide you with the information papers accompanying the crystals you purchase at our store. As a result, we have invested much time and money into providing you with this service. You can only obtain the information by purchasing the crystal or paying $1.00. The details appear in red on the paper. While I was working the floor, I noticed people taking the papers and putting them in their pockets. Anything not given to you or stated as free is considered theft. Please be respectful of the hard work we put into creating the papers. We have many customers that purchase the crystals from us, so we want to ensure they get them. Thank you for understanding.
Our only path to peace as individuals lies within ourselves. According to the Dalai Lama, world peace begins with personal peace. From the individual level, a more peaceful and happier society can be built, and from there, it can spread to the family, the neighborhood, the community, and so on.
When someone comes to me saying they want to help others, it’s usually because they don’t know how to help themselves. Our only path to peace as individuals lies within ourselves. It would be wise to focus on ourselves first, evaluate our behavior, and choose peace over aggression.
Anger is the first step. We live in a world filled with it at the moment. Anger is a natural emotion, and something or someone will inevitably test you at some point. Having our moments and being protective is part of being human, and our response is what matters. Make this world a more peaceful place by doing the following.
1. Take your time before reacting. Please write down your feelings on paper, then decide how you will present them in person.
2. Help the charity of your choice by donating money.
3. Don’t be afraid to let others have their own opinions. You can’t change people’s minds by getting into their faces; all they will remember is you in their face, not your point.
5. Do not belittle others to prove a point or because you are jealous of their position in life. Instead, appreciate them for being there to show you another way and be supportive.
6. Small businesses need to be supported. Small businesses form the basis of the city because they give it an authentic feel instead of merely commercial. When I was a child, a Wiccan group visited one of the stores in Salem. Most of this group of women live in the large beautiful homes in the back. They were lovely people who respected the small shops in Salem. One day, I approached one of the ladies about an item she wanted to purchase. I told her, “I found that same item cheaper at a department store.” She looked puzzled at me and said, “You should always honor thy prices for more comes back to you.” I never forgot that.
If you like my Tuesday morning message, share them with your friends.
Don’t forget to come in to pick up your newsletter! I love you all, Lynn